Additions to the Standards of Medical Care in Diabetesd 2012
Revisions to the Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes 2012
- section on driving and diabetes has been added.
- section and table on common comorbidities of diabetes has been added.
- table listing properties of noninsulin therapies for hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes has been added.
In addition to many small changes related to new evidence since the prior year, and to clarify recommendations, the following sections have undergone major changes:
Revised Position Statement
- The Introduction was revised to more clearly describe processes for systematic evidence review, to link to the evidence table for changes since 2011, and to link to opportunities for public comment on the Standards of Medical Care in Diabetesd 2012.
- Section V.D.2. Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes was revised to include more specific recommendations for starting and advancing pharmacotherapy for hyperglycemia.
- Section X. Strategies for Improving Diabetes Care was revised to reflect growing evidence for the effectiveness of restructuring systems of chronic care delivery.
New Position Statement
- revised position statement, “Diabetes Management at Camps for Children with Diabetes,” has been added.
© 2012 by the American Diabetes Association. Readers may use this article as long as the work is properly
- new position statement, “Driving and Diabetes,” has been added.